Monday, October 24, 2011

Stickers Van Boening



We finally did it!  We took in a cat.  I was super nervous to get another pet, after Luther's tragic end.  And also, just because new pets are a lot of work.  Growing up, Brad and I both had cats, but really they were our parents' cats, not really our cats, our responsibility.  Turns out, if you get a really good cat, they are practically no trouble at all!  And get a good cat, we did!  Stickers came from a farm somewhere south of town, where he lived the first 5 months of his life outside with his parents and many siblings.  I think he had a name before Stickers, but he is adjusting to his new name well.  (It just "sticks" Chris:)  He is a darling cat, such a lover.  He is constantly purring (loudly) and he takes up residence on any lap he can find.  And oh my lord, he tolerates Willa.  Her new favorite thing to do is to tell him what to do and carry him around by his neck.  Stickers is a saint!  I have yet to see him kill a mouse, but I'm sure that will happen in time.  It better.  Or maybe his presence will just scare the mice away.  
Do drop in and meet Stickers.  You won't be sorry.  Unless you are allergic to cats or you are a bleeder.  His kitten claws are very sharp. 


This picture was taken during the football game on Saturday.  Stickers obviously is such a Husker fan.  Pay no attention to the fact that I am still in my pj's and it is well past noon. 


1 comment: